OmniCAD Nest is designed for part design and nesting together in one application. OmniCAD Nest files can be used by the Global Control or Burny® CNC control. Created by Messer, it unites OmniCAD, a powerful CAD system for part design; OmniMacro, for generating parts with parameterized macros for standard shapes; and OmniNest, a program for part nesting.
- AutoCAD® files in DXF or DWG formats can be imported. New drawings can also be created and saved in DXF or DWG formats.
- Specially designed CAD system for construction of cut parts.
- Drawings can be imported from AutoCAD® (DXF, DWG, or IGES formats).
- CAD features include zoom and construction commands, modify functions, layering, and dimensioning.
- Includes 91 standard shape macros that save time drawing standard parts such as rectangles, circles, rings, and more.
- Macros can be inserted into existing drawings.
- Allows setting of defaults for type of machine, material, and thickness.
- Nesting includes automatic collision control.
- Manual nesting and row-and-column nesting are included in base package.
- Part placement from an optical parts list onto a defined plate by drag and drop.
- Auto or manual definition of cut sequence.
- Fully automatic nesting (with true shape nesting) is optional.
Import Image Files
- Raster to vector conversion.
- Create DXF or DWG files for common image files such as BMP, JPG, DIB, PNG, TIF, and PGM.
- Scanned images can become cut parts.
- Reports can be created that include such data as part quantity, cut length, mark length, area, material, thickness, weight, customer name, deliver date and more.
- Choose from several report templates or easily create your own.
OmniCAD nest is available on the MetalMaster Plus.